Vision (picture of the future)
To be a local and global hub of activity in the areas of ministry training, missions, and life-skills development. To build an International Center, Bible College, Inspiration Center, and virtual campus. To be a leader in the development and dissemination of materials related to the operation of faith and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. To be on the cutting edge: dynamic, contemporary, and Spirit-filled church.
To help people find and fulfill their God-given purpose in life.
(Words spoken by the Holy Spirit to Pastor James in dreams) “Reveal and make known the Holy Spirit”; “Build a house of worship”; “Amplify the Word of Faith.”
“Faith, Hope, and Love in Action.”
- GVC celebrates the Lordship of Jesus Christ, embraces the wisdom of the Bible, welcomes the Holy Spirit in every worship service, and focuses on the principles of faith for victorious living.
- GVC is a Spirit-filled, missions oriented, and evangelistic church. It is a place of worship and prayer.
- GVC is a faith-family that is multi-generational and multi-cultural. It is a place to grow with friends and family in an encouraging and welcoming environment.
- GVC is a mentoring ministry that seeks to raise up Christian leaders and invites all to find their place of ministry.
- GVC is a legacy church that has an eye to maintaining effective and influential ministry from generation to generation.
Empathy: Understanding the feelings of others. Ministry begins where the needs of others are known and effort is made to meet those needs.
Love: Sacrificing self for the betterment of others. The well from which the Fruit of the Spirit are drawn, and is the motivation for all godly actions.
Courage: Willing to stand alone upon principle while trusting in God. The fighting spirit.
Wisdom: The correct use of knowledge; to be effective and influential.
Vision: Pressing towards Spirit-inspired goals with an expected outcome.
Faith: Hearing, believing, and doing the Word. A deep reliance on the Lordship of Jesus Christ, such that one’s thoughts, words, and actions are in agreement with His Word.
Mentoring: Helping others reach their full potential in Christ; developing the next generation of leaders and ministers.
Sowing: Our time, talents, and treasures are seeds to be sown into “good ground” to bring about a harvest of blessings for self and others.
Service: Building up others by denying self; helping to meet needs.
Excellence: Doing the very best you can with all your heart to please God, while looking for opportunities to do better.